Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things Are Going Well

Last week was my last chemo treatment, and I am doing pretty well right now. My energy is mostly back to normal (darn, have to start exercising again!) My neuropathy is nagging me, but with time that should decrease and hopefully go away completely. It may take a few weeks. Hopefully not months! I am so ready for everything to be back to normal, including my fingers and toes.

So, my next thing to do is the CT scan on September 23rd. If that's clean then I will just have blood work every three months, and repeat the CT scan in 6 months. So, they just start watching me. I have already scheduled the removal of my mediport. It will be taken out October 9th. It'll be so nice for that to go away! It just sticks out so far on my chest. I hear that on so many people it's hardly noticeable. They must have a nice layer of fat for it to hide underneath. Well, hmmm... I guess I can't complain about being too fat!

Everything should be smooth from here on out, unless this rears its head again. Cross your fingers for me!