Friday, March 12, 2010

So, I'm Officially NED for One Year!

Hi all,

I just want to share my good news. Long story short (to update any new readers)... February 2008 I was diagnosed with colon cancer (at the ripe old age of 37.) I had surgery and 6 months of chemo. Then it was also found in my liver in December 2008. January 2009 (just over a year ago) I had surgery to remove the new tumors and did another 6 months of chemo, which was completed last August. I have had alternating MRIs and PET scans every 2 months since then, the latest being yesterday. The MRI that was done yesterday confirmed that there are no tumors at the moment.

Do you know what a milestone it is to be confirmed disease-free after an entire year? It is something to shout from the rooftops!

(Oh, by the way, NED = "No Evidence of Disease")