We have a pretty good system down. After we get a dog on the table (using a ramp) I start in on the toenails, getting them as short as I can with the Dremmel. While I'm doing that, Dave brushes out his or her coat... removing as much loose undercoat as he can. When the nails are trimmed then we wash them using warm water. Recently we finally piped warm water to the back yard so that the dogs and we would be comfortable during bath time.
After two shampoos, we do a conditioning.
Then a final rinse and the dry with a doggie dryer.
Last: A thorough brushing. And they look fabulous!!
Here are a few photos:
This photo of Dave washing Theo is here just for effect. It's from his bath last time. I didn't take a picture of his bath this time, but it looked just like that.That lasted about 60 seconds. As soon as she got off the table, she and Theo started running and chasing each other around the yard, kicking up dust. Oh, well, we tried!