Sunday, June 1, 2008

Randomness Update

OK, so here's the progress I made. I did put the rose systemic down so they are good for another 6 weeks. I have not yet cleaned the furniture in the basement. I need to get that done in the next couple of weeks. I also still need to go privacy screen shopping. We did look at Bed Bath & Beyond but they do not carry them. We did pick up our clock pendulum.

We also added a few things to my list. I plan to plant some beets & sweet pie pumpkins so we are going to till up and prepare a portion of the vineyard for this. It's a corner where a few vines have died, probably due to lack of sun. There was (well I guess still is) a very large pine tree next door and the shade probably knocked out some of the sunlight in the vineyard. Unfortunately the pine tree is now dead and I guess the silver lining is that the vineyard now gets more sun, so a garden in that corner should grow well. That said, I don't envy the neighbors having to take the tree down - it's very large!

OK, on to the task list: We are going to modify the bubblers that the landscaper installed at our mature trees. They do not actually water the trees correctly, so we are going to cut up a soaker hose and convert the bubblers to soakers, and water the tree in the root zone, not the trunk where all the water is now going.

Lots of projects... so little time. Every two weeks I only have a few energetic days so I have to fit in all I can before the bad Monday rolls around.

Off to the nursery for some sand (weight for the cultivator) and a couple of plants...