Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Target's New No Express Lane Policy

For some reason Target has decided to move backwards. They have decided to close all express lanes. They still exist, they just aren't used. They stand there, darkly mocking me. This is not the decision of the local Target; it's corporate. I just don't see any reason why they would choose not to staff an express lane to allow people who are buying just a few items to bypass people who are shopping with full baskets of kids' stuff, household stuff, or just plain stuff. This really does make me want to bypass Target and shop elsewhere when I want to get a few things.

Hopefully enough people will complain to Target to convince them to reverse this insane decision. I just sent an email off to corporate myself, and also let them know that I would be posting my thoughts on my public blog. So I did.

Maybe Target just doesn't need me anymore... the economy must be doing great!