A couple of weeks ago I was told of this group called "Chemo Angels" which is a non-profit organization. They send cards and little gifts to chemo patients throughout chemotherapy. All I had to do was sign up and then I was assigned to an Angel. This Angel (mine is named Sue) then will send the cards and gifts. I signed up a week or two ago and this past week I received something from her twice. The first time she sent me a box of Dots candies, some gummy bugs, and a card. Yesterday (for Valentine's Day) she sent me a cute white teddy bear with a pink sweater, some Valentine's M&Ms, some Sweet Hearts , and sent David some Valentine's candy too. She enclosed a card as well. They make it clear that we should feel no obligation to communicate with our angels and we do not need to say "thank you" but she did give me her email address and it doesn't kill me to be polite so I did thank her for these gifts. They did brighten my day!
If anyone wants to look into this organization here's the link to their website: http://www.chemoangels.net/