Here's a little something I found in the backyard today. I wanted to share it with you to brighten your day. And to let you know that I'm still here. :-)
This rose is called "Legends". It's a Ruby red Hybrid Tea rose with "massive, full, & ruffled blooms". Also, the tag reads, "Monstrous buds & humongous blossoms of rich ruby red hold their durable brilliance from beginning to end. Immense petals (just one can cover a child's palm) lend a classical Hybrid Tea bud shape, slowly spiraling open to a ruffled whopper of a show-stopper. Large lettuce-like leaves of an unusual red-green color gracefully enrobe the long cutting stems - in perfect proportion to the flower. Who needs a bouquet? It only takes one prodigious posy to fill a vase."
Also the tag says that Oprah Winfrey was involved in the multi-year evaluation & final selection of the Legends rose. Woohoo!!