Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PET Scan Results

Just a quick note while I have some residual energy. Last Tuesday (May 5) I had a PET scan performed. This past Monday I got the result. No new tumors, lesions, or anything. Just some inflammation in my abdominal area from the surgery. So all is well. My oncologist did say that she would like for me to do 6 months (12 cycles) of chemo to help ensure nothing comes back. I've done 5. I guess I can do 7 more. Ugh! And I will have an MRI every 3 months as follow up.

On to brighter things: The garden. This weekend I will take new photos. We (David was a BIG help) planted the 5 tomato plants, 3 pie pumpkin plants, and the 2 squash plants that we started from seed. We also put down a lot of compost (mulch) to help keep the ground cool. So far it's looking great and I do expect to get some nice harvesting eventually. I still have to plant the okra (they are in a seed starter tray) and when I do they will do very well. I have learned that I like starting seeds. That way I transplant little guys that have a head start against the bugs and critters.