Friday, May 29, 2009

Resting

I am lying here on my sofa, posting from my phone for the first time. So it may be a short post! This week was rough. My chemo was Tuesday instead of Monday due to Memorial Day. So I went in on Tuesday, saw the doc. Then went into the infusion center. Not exactly my favorite place to be. I chose a seat and waited for the poisons. The nurse hooked up the Aloxi/Decadron combination (for nausea) and let it run in. Then she hooked up the CPT-11 and the leucovorin and let that stuff run. I was told that there wasn't enough Avastin on hand so they decided to give that to me on Thursday when I returned to get unhooked. So after my cocktail finished then she hooked up my 5-FU which infuses over 46 hours. I came home on Tuesday and felt just aweful. It's not that I was experiencing nausea or throwing up. The drugs take care of that. I just overall felt horrible, very fatigued. I really don't want to do this anymore, yet I have 6 more to go.

My appetite does funny things. Sometimes I feel like eating a salad. Sometimes it's a Taco Bell taco. Or tortilla chips and dour cream. Or spicy V8. Or regular V8. Or even Fritos and spicy bean dip. Mostly it's either really clean flavors or it's strong (sour cream) or salty (chips) flavors. Those break through the numbness of my tongue. The clean flavors don't confuse it.

Well that's what's on my mind right now. I just wanted to share that with you.