Thursday, June 10, 2010

Preliminary PET Scan Results

Yesterday (June 9) I had a PET scan. The follow-up appointment with my oncologist is next Tuesday the 15th. Today, however, I had an appointment with my primary care physician for something completely unrelated. While I was there I asked him if he had the PET scan results (I requested a copy to be sent to him.) He did. And it’s not clear this time. I will get a copy of the report on Tuesday when my oncologist goes over the report with me, but what I got from it is that I have a mass in a lymph node that’s partially obstructing a ureter. This is a tube that connects the kidney to the bladder. There’s also a smaller one in a nearby node.

I will learn on Tuesday what they intend to do about this. I suspect I will have surgery to remove the nodes. I suspect there will be some kind of therapy or treatment to endure. I guess I’ll have to continue to expect this kind of thing. Right now I’m a little bummed out and annoyed. I’m glad I didn’t go back to work. I’m glad I’m being selfish with my time. I’m especially glad for my husband, David. He’s the best thing for me right now.