Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reasons for Chemo Start Date

In case some of you are wondering why the chemo isn't starting right away, here are the reasons. I also posted this in a comment to another post but not everyone will look at the comments.

I have 3 main reasons for waiting until the 5th. Firstly, I want to speak with the Stanford folks first to see if they have any newer, better ideas. That appointment is next Wednesday, June 30th. Secondly, I always prefer to have chemo on Mondays because that gives me the best chance of feeling good and energetic every other weekend. Thirdly, starting July 5th makes chemo weeks skip important scheduled events, such as our Anniversary party.

Well, I guess there may be a 4th: I have so much to do and am not mentally ready. I wanted to get through a couple of weeks to finish a couple of projects before I'm unable to. :-)