This style didn't work because it throws water out in a curve and soaked the fences. We just weren't happy with the performance. So try number three was this:
These are two "square" sprinklers hooked up together. These cover the entire garden and I can control it so that the spray almost, but not quite, reaches the fences. Success!
The picture below is of the composting area. I have two bins working right now. The one on the right is as big as it will get. The one on the left will hold more and there's still a section I can add to make it as tall as the other one. That piece of plywood is to chip/shred on. I lean it up against the tree when not in use but when I have leaves and trimmings to shred into the bins then I lay it down to make a nice firm surface to work on.
Last week I also planted 2 kinds of kale into two of my planter boxes. The seed packet indicated that it would take 10-14 days to germinate but I planted them in November 12th, and it's now the 18th. This morning I saw the first of the little seedlings poking their heads out so they are eager to get going!
That's all the garden update I have for now. Once the fava sprout I will share a photo.