Friday, July 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Hello everybody. Today I finally feel clear-headed enough to take the blog over again. I'm not in much pain, thanks to careful use of Percoset. I take one when I go to bed to make my sleep more comfortable and restful. After breakfast I shower and take another one to make the morning more comfortable. If I'm uncomfortable in the afternoon then I may take one after lunch. That's about it - three per day. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my upper back aching and I'll take some Tylenol - the Percoset shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach. But the last couple of nights I've learned that if I shift to sleeping on my side early I can escape most of the back ache.

Mostly during the day I rest while watching TV or reading. I take a lot of naps. I'm also up quite a bit. Like right now I'm sitting in the living room. I was reading and decided to post this using the handy iPad that Dave got us for my hospital stay. (Did I mention that I have a great husband?) When I get tired of sitting up then I may head upstairs to take a nap.

In the evenings I actually seem to have more energy. I come down for dinner and stay up for a few hours while we eat and watch some TV. Then I go to bed and read some before surrounding myself with pillows and drifting off to sleep.

Overall I'm comfortable and David does all that he can to make sure I have everything that I need. I'm just going to take it easy and let my healing body use all of the resources that it needs.

I'd like to thank everybody for all of the kind words of support and for following my progress on my blog. This really is the easiest way to keep everybody informed. Of course you are welcome to call - this is not meant to completely supplant human contact! But for a quick check-in on me this has proven to be the best and easiest way to keep everyone who is interested up to date.