Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stanford Round 2 Day 7.5

[ David for Laurie ]

I have to type quietly so I don't disturb Laurie. You see, she's upstairs resting and sleeping. She came home last night to a flurry of fur and excitement. We let the dogs greet her at the car so she would be protected from their excitement. After that we got her upstairs and in bed to relax.

She's eating, albeit not a lot, and getting lots of rest. We watched some TV together and she got to sleep around 10. The biggest challenge she has now is that her back is sore from laying in bed for so long. That is probably the source of most of her discomfort.

Tomorrow she'll be able to take a real shower and that will make a big difference. I know that she'll start to perk up after that and feel so much better.


BTW, we've had a great house/dog sitter over the last week. She's stayed at our place and ensured that the "kids" were well cared for. This week would have been absolutely insane if it wasn't for her. Thanks for the referral Barb.