Monday, July 26, 2010

No News is Boring News

Someone just asked me if there's nothing new in my blog does it mean good things or bad things. Generally anytime there's anything of note to post we will be sure to do so. If I'm unable then David is very good at doing it for me. If there's nothing here for a few days it's because I don't want to bore anyone with posting the same thing every day!! Right now I'm not doing much. I'm resting a lot every day, letting my incision heal. I pretty much eat, sleep, read, watch TV. I've also been practising my knitting, hoping to catch up so that I can attend the final class. I'm not sure I can accomplish that since the final class is 2 weeks away and I still need to make up the class I missed while I was in the hospital. But, it's possible still and we'll see.

Otherwise, that's how my days are going. I get up, eat, read, have lunch, nap, read, watch TV, walk around the garden, rest some more, help make dinner, eat, and then we watch TV each night before heading to bed. Then it starts over again. I have my next CT scan scheduled for August 6th and my follow-up with the surgeon is August 9th. At that time I'll learn what the board's recommendations are for follow up treatments. Perhaps more radiation. Probably not chemotherapy. I hope not. It hasn't shown to be very effective anyway and if I'm destined to have more surgeries to remove lesions I'd rather not make my life more miserable by adding months of chemotherapy in the mix.

I will have my stent removed from my left ureter on August 6th as well. It'll be nice to have that out. Sometimes I feel like something's poking me from inside. Which it probably is.

So, until August 9th I probably won't have anything of note (medically) to post. But soon I'll put up more pictures of the baby pumpkins! We have 5 or 6 growing right now.