Monday, July 26, 2010

Cooking for Two

I'd like to share one of my favorite recipe resources. A few months ago I purchased the Cook's Illustrated "Cooking for Two 2009" cookbook and I immediately fell in love with it.

All of the recipes are written for servings of two. Well, sort of. We have found that they will often feed three people so it's nice to have another serving leftover for lunch the next day.

And I just found out that they have a 2010 edition!

I've already ordered it and it's on its way.

By the way, if you are inclined to order it, I would advise you to look online for a discount coupon (I usually have luck with http://www.retailmenot.com/) and buy it from Borders or Barnes and Noble. If you buy it directly from Cook's Illustrated they automatically enroll you in their "preview" program where they will automatically send you the next book in the series for you to preview it, and if you don't like it you have to send it back. I don't want the hassle of that and you can't opt out of it when you order a book. And I assume that they send it to you and bill you full price, but I'd rather buy it on discount with a coupon. So, I never buy directly from them. I always buy the cookbooks from a bookstore. I do subscribe to their magazines (which I love) and to the website. Cook's Illustrated is my #1 resource for tested and reliable recipes.