Thursday, January 15, 2009

Acceleration

I got a phone call this afternoon from the liver surgeon's assistant. She was calling to inform me that all of my appointments have been moved up. Instead of my PET and CT scans next week now I am doing them tomorrow. Also my follow-up appointment was moved up a couple of days, to Tuesday. The reason for this is that they are going to try to get me on the surgery schedule for Wednesday January 21st instead of the 28th. Whew! That's next week. Oh, well, I guess I should try to get all I can do done before then. (I know that was awkward, but still grammatically correct!)

By the way, the liver surgeon should be the best at Stanford. His name is Dr. Samuel So and he is the Director of the Liver Cancer Program. Prior to this he specialized in liver transplants. So I know I'm in good hands.

I have applied for disability benefits with the Social Security Administration. It appears if you are stage 4 (which I am now) then you are automatically granted approval. We'll see if that's true.