There's not really anything new to report. The new pain meds are helping a lot and I am more comfortable. I also sleep a lot. And the pain meds seem to have a strange side effect: I'll call it "auditory hallucinations" though I may be using the term in the wrong way. What I mean is when I am sleeping (or rather on the edge of sleep) I hear things that are so real, like I am sure that David has walked into the bedroom to check on me, or something like that, but when I open my eyes he's not there. The first night it was more bizarre: I kind if doubled the dose. Meaning I took one pill on time and then took another one an hour or so later when I headed to bed. That night I was hearing things when my eyes were closed. I don't remember all of what I heard, but one thing was a radio. When I opened my eyes the radio stopped but as soon as they were closed again the radio started again. The effects were gone by morning. And me hearing Dave by my bedside was during this afternoon's nap. I'll see what happens tonight. I suppose this is harmless. I will probably mention it to the oncologist tomorrow during our appointment if it happens again tonight.
Speaking of the oncologist: we have an appointment in the morning. I'll let you know what she has to say.