Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Morning Update

[David again]

We had some success with medications yesterday. Finally we got the muscle relaxant prescribed and that seems to have helped last night (although I know she was up a couple times, so I'll have to follow up after she wakes up). She's sleeping soundly right now and that's a good thing.

We also heard from the oncologist late last night. She knew the doctors aren't great with pain management and she prescribed something stronger. Unfortunately, it's an opiate, so we need to pick up the prescription and take it to the pharmacy (some things can't be called in) and it was too late for me to get it from her. So in about 45 minutes I'll be the one standing at the door to their office as they open....

Overall, Laurie is doing much better, but still having some pain and muscle spasms. We're getting the pain levels down though between time, getting better meds and knowing how to apply the meds.