Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stanford Liver Tumor Board Visit

Today Dave and I saw the surgeon at Stanford. He said the lesion is in a good spot - it's on the small upper left end of the liver and is the portion of the liver that is used for donating to children. So obviously there should be no complications from removing that portion. I have to have another PET scan and CT scan (probably later this week) and then after that the surgery will be scheduled. We anticipate that will happen on January 28th. The surgeon only operates on Wednesdays. We got no details on chemotherapy as we didn't actually meet with an oncologist today. I think the treatment will be decided fully once the pathology is performed, after the surgery. He did say that I would have surgery on a Wednesday and would likely leave the hospital on Sunday.

That's really all that I can remember right now.