Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Night Update

[David here again]

I just wanted to put in a brief update at Laurie's request and a correction.

First the correction. I misunderstood the surgeon on Wednesday. The second lesion was actually on the liver over the gallbladder, but they removed the gallbladder as a necessary precaution.

The update is that Laurie was up for 4 walks today. The last two we did the "wedding walk" around the nurses station a couple times. No IV stand for support, just my arm like we were walking down the aisle. Somehow I think it was a bit more romantic and the scenery was much nicer when we did that 3 1/2 years ago.... She's getting stronger. Every walk helps to get her blood moving better and she is more alert (although it's tiring). Hopefully she'll have soft food for breakfast. I won't take her home until she's had something besides clear liquids. I want to ensure that she doesn't have nausea issues here at home.

The only other thing is to explain our posts and Facebook comments about the "3 martini's" and drinks. I don't think either of us realized that this probably went over most people's heads since we're the ones on the inside joke. The first bolus of drugs that the anesthesiologist gives you makes you feel like you drank 3 martini's really fast. So that's where the references comes from.