I finally have details about the plan for the rest of the week. Tomorrow morning I have to check in at Surgical Admitting at 9:40 for an 11:40 surgery start time. The liver resection will take 3-4 hours. After that I'll be admitted to "E3", hopefully into a private room. I made the request but they cannot guarantee it. Then I am supposed to be up and walking Thursday. I can most likely eat Friday. And I will likely come home on Sunday. We will post updates right here. It's the easiest way for us to get information out to the most people most efficiently. Of course, you can feel free to call David on his cell phone if you have any questions or want to keep his mind occupied. I will have a laptop near me and will have access to email.
We did find out that the PET scans and the CT scans from last week look the same as before so that's good. At this point no change means good things.
I wanted to also tell everyone how touching it has been to receive the cards, phone calls, emails, and more expressing that you care. I really do appreciate all of my friends and family. And at a time like this your words, however sent to me, give me comfort.
OK, well, from here on out it's out of my hands. Now I am going to go and repot a large plant while I can still lift heavy things. :-)